Diary
Word Count: 255 words
"I hope I will be able to confide everything to you, as I have ever been able to confide in anyone, and I hope you will be a great source of comfort and support." Anne writes this in the cover of her diary, needing an outlet to release her emotions and feelings as this is what would help her most in life. She is often fearful of what will happen to her, but this diary was a way for her to feel sane. Anne Frank's story is one that is not new to any of us due to how it transformed all readers' lives. Hearing an inside story to how a family survived the Holocaust living in an attic, being hidden day in and day out. Not being able to see the sunlight, staying silent and fearing for their lives every single day but still holding hope and enjoying the journey together. She recounts about two years of her life, from her thirteenth birthday to just after she turned fifteen. She writes about innocent things such as how she feels about boys, her friends, and her school. What is first an innocent diary turns heartbreaking as there is nothing wrong with her or her family whatsoever, but the outside world. They then had to move into the attic of Otto Frank's workplace, experiencing family closeness but also problems with her mother lacking love and affection. This goes to effect you in all areas of life when you question how your own mother feels about you.
I agree with you in that almost everyone knows about Anne Frank or has at least heard her name before. It is very interesting to see how one person's account of a situation can become so well known throughout the world and still be popular, almost 80 years later. It makes me wonder how many other people kept diaries at the time but no one ever found them.
ReplyDelete