Feminism- Final Blog!

 Word Count: words

    After reading countless memoirs about brave and relentless woman, I have found that feminism means something different to each person, usually relating to life experience. To me, being feminist is about how to overcome adversity, in anyway it comes at you in our life. Whether it be our families, careers, education, etc., I am a feminist because I believe in the power of women and our ability to persevere through the toughest of circumstances. Women deserve to feel empowered, which is why we need to come together, instead of turning against one another. 

Carolyn Steedman taught me that a career can be just as important as having a family, and you can do both at the same time, no matter how others react. 

Totto-Chan showed me that just because others don't perceive you as disciplined, doesn't mean you are not creative, brilliant, and able to do great things. 

Eva Hoffman overcame language barriers and customs as a woman, and became a professor at prestigious universities. 

Florida Scott-Maxwell taught me to take in all of the little things in life, they mean the most, while Onnie Lee Logan followed her passion and helped me to see how passion is the driving force of life. 

I was endlessly inspired by these woman after reading their stories, knowing there is nothing that can stop me from achieving all of my goals in the future. Roadblocks are only opportunities to take a different route, and a different route usually opens up lots of doors you never thought possible. 

Comments